NEW FOR 2023 – “Grow Year Round” No Dig Gardening Courses at Ael Y Bryn, Stephanie Hafferty’s half-acre homestead in Wales
Learn how to grow your own food, whatever size your plot. Learn the skills you need to harvest healthy delicious homegrown food year round, using sustainable, planet friendly, no dig gardening.
Growing some of your own food is a wonderful cost efficient way to add delicious nutrient-rich ingredients to your diet, learn new skills and have fun. In this day course Stephanie shares her years of expert knowledge and incredibly productive no dig garden, started on March 31st 2021, to show how you can grow your own year round, affordably and in harmony with nature, whatever size space you have.
The course is located at her half acre homestead in Ceredigion, Wales – which was created entirely by Stephanie, using no dig methods and on a limited budget.
What does the course include?
- How to create a no dig garden, easily and affordably
- How to create a healthy soil ecosystem
- Different mulches and cover crops, including using green manures
- Many kinds of compost and their applications
- Composting techniques for every size of garden
- Homemade plant and soil feeds
- Water harvesting and saving
- Propagation and sowing – including frugal off-grid solutions
- Keeping plants healthy
- Crop protection
- Discouraging unwanted visitors (aka “pests”)
- Growing undercover – greenhouses, polytunnels, cloches, homemade techniques
- Maximise growing space with companion planting, interplanting and multi sowing
- Resilient ways to garden in a changing climate
- Wildlife gardening, and how working with wildlife increases yields, protects crops and enhances plant health
- Seed saving
- Real life solutions for what to do if you’re going on holiday/ working away/ can’t get to your plot for a while
- Practical hands on activities according to the time of year
- How to grow fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers to create your own “larder in the garden”
- Stephanie is not only an experienced grower, she specialises in what to do with what you have grown, and will share her tips to increase your self sufficiency – and save money too.
The day course runs from 11am to 3:30 (arrivals from 10:30) in Ceredigion, a spectacularly beautiful part of Wales. Cost is £95. Beverages are provided, please bring your own packed lunch.
The course is based entirely outside in the garden, with the polytunnel and outdoor kitchen providing shelter from weather. You will need to bring appropriate outdoor weather clothes. There is a compost loo.
Group bookings and bespoke courses – we offer garden tours, group bookings and bespoke courses here at Ael Y Bryn. Hosted by experienced and qualified educator Stephanie Hafferty full details are here. Alternatively, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Please read the course terms and conditions here. The course is not suitable for children or pets.
Garden Tours and Workshops
September 9th 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Course Day£95.00
August 5th 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Course Day£95.00
July 15th 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Course Day£95.00
June 3rd 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Course Day£95.00
April 15th 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Course Day£95.00
March 25th 2023 – Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Course day£95.00
Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Course Voucher
A £95 voucher redeemable against one of the Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening courses at Ael Y Bryn, to use yourself or give as a gift.
The voucher can be used to pay for a place on one of the Grow Year Round No Dig Gardening Courses. There are limited numbers of attendees, and so if you wish to book for a specific date then we suggest that you book that course date directly, to ensure a plac…